Domestic Electrical Rewires
Ecolux Electrical carry out partial and full electrical rewires to homes across Wirral, Liverpool, Cheshire and North Wales. Domestic electrical rewiring involves the replacement of old, dangerous, damaged, or non-compliant electrical equipment such as cables, fittings and distribution boards.
An electrical system will often show signs when there are potential problems. If you notice any of the following warning signs it is likely that your home will need a partial or full rewire:
- Old / deteriorating wiring
- Fuses that frequently blow without explanation
- Dimming or flickering lights
- Light bulbs that regularly burn out in a socket
- Lighting or power points that only work intermittently
- Sparks from an outlet when you plug or unplug a cord
- Electrical shock when you plug in or touch a cord
- Hot or discoloured switch plates, cords, or plugs
Even if your home does not display any specific warning signs of faulty wiring, it is a good idea to have it inspected by a qualified electrician if:
- You have made major home improvements or added power hungry appliances
- You are relying on extension cords for power
- Your home has aluminium rather than copper wiring
- Outdated black coloured rubber cables are in use
- Outdated ceramic fuses are in use
- Outdated round pin power points are in use
- Twisted flex cables are used for lighting points
- Your home is over 40 years old and has not previously been rewired
Rewiring Cost Guide
The table below shows typical costs for rewiring work. These costs are a guide only and your electrician will provide a detailed estimate for your property before starting any work.
|Electrical inspection / testing (EICR)||0.5-1 day||£100 – £200|
|Full rewire, 2 bed terraced house||3-4 days||£1800 – £2900 *|
|Full rewire, 3 bed semi-detached house||4-7 days||£3000 – £4000 *|
|Full rewire, 4 bed detached house||5-8 days||£3500 – £5000 *|
* Average costs. Actual cost will depend on specification.
Generally it will take longer to rewire an occupied house than an empty one. Rewiring often takes at least two people – if more staff are used, it may be done more quickly but costs (total man hours) are likely to be the same.
How to Book a Rewire
If you would like us to inspect your wiring or carry out a full or partial rewire you can book a domestic visit using the online booking form. Simply select a convenient date and time (morning or afternoon), enter your details and click ‘Submit’. You’ll receive an email which confirms your time slot right away and a further confirmation email as soon as we have accepted the booking.
Alternatively, you can call us on 07097 735343, email us at email@example.com or request a callback by leaving your name and number in the callback request form.